Alsi ki Pinniyan
Alsi ki Pinniyan or laddoos have flaxseeds or Alsi as the main ingredient. So, read on to know how you can achieve your weight-loss goal by having Alsi ki Pinniyan, and check out the health benefits.
- Flax seeds (Alsi) are seeds packed with essential nutrients
- Flax seeds are ideal for vegetarians because they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient mostly available in fishes
- These seeds are also rich high in dietary fiber, protein, iron, vitamin B-6, calcium, magnesium, etc
So, if you believed that you could not add laddoos to your weight loss diet, then you were wrong. You can most definitely add them, and we will tell you how. And these laddoos will also come in handy during harsh cold winter months. So, this age-old recipe has flaxseeds or Alsi as the main ingredient. Read on to know how you can achieve your weight-loss goal by having Alsi Pinni, and check out the health benefits.
Alsi ki Pinniyan Laddo recipe
Several ingredients like black and white sesame seeds, sunflower, watermelon, and pumpkin seeds too can be added to this recipe. But Alsi ki Pinniyan/laddoos can also be made with just two ingredients – Alsi and jaggery.
So, by adding jaggery, instead of sugar, you can add more health value to the Alsi ki Pinniya.
- Alsi seeds – about 250 grams
- Organic jaggery 125 grams
- Desi Ghee (optional) 1 teaspoon
- Dry roast the flaxseeds in low flame until they splutter.
- Once the flax seeds cool, transfer them to a mixer jar.
- Add organic jaggery to it and grind until the mixture turns into a coarse powder.
- Transfer the powder to a plate. You may add some melted ghee at this stage. Mix it well.
- Then make medium-sized balls. Store the Alsi ki Pinniyan in an air-tight glass container.
Health benefits of Alsi Pinni
|Reduces the risk of chronic diseases|
|Boosts heart health|
Flax seeds are ideal for vegetarians because they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient mostly available in fishes. So, these seeds are high in dietary fiber, protein, iron, vitamin B-6, calcium, magnesium, and other essential nutrients.
Flaxseeds are rich in both protein and fiber. Hence it is an ideal food for a weight loss diet. One Alsi ki Pinniyan or laddoo will keep you full for a long time, thereby curbing frequent hunger pangs.
Flax seeds also boost digestion. The dietary fiber-rich seeds aid digestion and improve well-being.