5 Reasons Why You Should Eat Gajar Ka Halwa.
- Carrots help improve eyesight as it contains a high amount of Vitamin A. Apart from this, it also consists of lutein and lycopene, Which are photoprotective nutrients responsible for maintaining good eyesight and night-vision.
- Surprisingly, eating gajar ka halwa can also aid in weight loss. Carrots are rich in both soluble and insoluble fibers, which take time to digest and promote a feeling of fullness. This will, thereby, make one feel less hungry and reduce the overall calorie intake.
- Carrot Halwa can help in lowering blood pressure as it is packed with potassium which relaxes tension in blood vessels and arteries. This brings down the blood pressure and enhances the blood flow circulation, thereby reduce the elevated blood pressure.
- Carrots are rich in anti-oxidants, carotenoids, lutein, lycopene, which are responsible for making the skin glow. Apart from that the high silicon content of the root can promote healthy skin and nails.
- One of the best reasons to eat gajar ka halwa in winter is that it helps in boosting immunity. The presence of anti-oxidants in carrots not only protects the body from free radical damage but also guards it against harmful bacteria, viruses and inflammation.
Therefore, there is no reason to skip gajar ka halwa this winter as it is very good for the body. Try Gajar ka Halwa with dry fruits sprinkled on it and in order to make it yummier you can add some vanilla ice cream over it, which will enhance the flavor. Eating gajar ka halwa rich in desi ghee can also make you feel warm on chilly winter nights.